So as I put on my 7th load of washing for the day, I sit and type this entry to you. I don't think anyone has any idea what actually goes on in the life of a family of 6. It can be a crazy place.
I used to write monthly newsletters to my family and friends but as I have become busier I have lost track of time and not been getting to them.
Not only is this disappointing to my recipients, it is disappointing to me as I love to write and share my crazy experiences with everyone.
So here is our new blog. Aptly names 'Pieces of 6' as we are a family of 6 and pays homage to my love of pirates!!
We had a fabulously crazy weekend with the GC marathon moving into town. Sas and I did the 5.7km walk on Saturday. I have a sore shoulder today as I dragged my little girl along the entire way. At the time I was frustrated with her, but in hindsight it was a massive walk for a 7 year old! Next year she is going to do the 2km kids dash and I will be doing the 10km or 21km, which ever I feel comfortable completing at the time.
My childhood friend Deb come up for the weekend and competed in the 21km 1/2 marathon. We all went down and watched Deb as she ran past the end of our street. She did a personal best of under 1hr 40mins, which we are very proud of. Then we went out later in the day and watched Tina at the 38km mark of her 42km marathon.
These women have inspired me to get serious about my running. It is an easy way to exercise and what a great stress relief and time out from our crazy life.
Stay tuned for more news of our latest adventures.
Thank you for supporting me, it really does make a difference to see a friendly, caring face when you are running such a long way.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are amazing - the little sign they made for me was priceless. I hope you are very proud of yourself for taking the time to encourage your kids to make the signs. It was a special thing to do.
I am so glad you have decided to take up running, the reason it appeals to me is exactly as you said. All you need is a pair of runners and to walk out the door and the exercise starts. No excuses because no equipment or money is needed. It is also the most peaceful way to switch off that I know!
I look forward to following how you progress.
xx